DIY Play Dough
This DIY Play Dough recipe is the perfect activity while the kids are at home and it's so easy, they can help you make it!
All ingredients are available at Coles and Woolworths but you might have most of the ingredients already in your pantry.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 3/4 cup salt
- 4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil (coconut oil works too)
- Food colouring (optional, but makes it so much more fun!)
- Ziplock bags
- Mix together the flour, salt and cream of tartar in a large pot
- Add the water and oil - If you’re only making one colour, add in the the colour now (about 5 drops and more to brighten it)
- Cook over medium heat, stirring continuously. Continue stirring until the dough has thickened and begins to form a ball
- Remove from heat and place the play dough onto wax paper. Allow to cool slightly and then knead until smooth
- If you want more than one colour, divide the dough into balls (for the number of colours you want)
- Add one ball of play dough into it's own ziplock bag and begin to add the food colouring. Start with about 5 drops of colour and add more to brighten it
- Knead the play dough while it's inside the bag so it doesn’t stain your hands
- Once it’s all mixed together you’re ready to PLAY!!
Store the play dough inside the bags once done to keep soft. Keeps for up to 3 months.
Play Dough recipe sourced from https://www.iheartnaptime.net/play-dough-recipe/